Westlake Punnett & Associates Pty Ltd has a strong reputation in the Shoalhaven, Illawarra and Sydney for the design of general lifting equipment and specialised industrial equipment for a wide variety of applications and companies.
In recent years strong links with many companies within the industrial sector has led to the design and certification of a variety of equipment including:
- Certification of several large lifting beams in the Snowy Mountain Hydroelectric power stations including 210 Tonne and 180 Tonne lifting beams through All-Ways Rigging Gear.
- Modification of lifting arrangements for Snowy Mountains Hydro Ltd.
- Third party design verifications to AS4991.
- Design and certification of spreader beams used in factories and on the docks.
- Design of lifting equipment for the replacement and refurbisment of elevators for medium and high-rise buildings across Sydney for Kone Elevators through Liftrunners.
- Design, testing and certification of smaller specialised lifting equipment including the review of proof-load testing to AS4991.
- Portable test rigs for rock anchors.
- Telehandler and forklift lifting attachments.
- Provision of detailed reports to facilitate the certification complete with design calculations and commentary.
The design of these often complex beams has been carried out efficiently using SpaceGass finite element analysis software and other in-house specialist software.